Saturday, April 02, 2005

Tribute to the Pope

It deeply saddens me that our Pope is severely ailing. I read the reports and I just have to put it bluntly that the Pope's body is suffering badly. At a ripe age of 84, he is sadly experiencing heart, hip and other physical ailments one after the other. He is a picture of hope and benevolence not only for me but for the whole Catholic Church as well.

I have never seen the Pope. But now I wish I had when he visited our country. Even so, I have acquired a certain love and respect for our dear Pontiff. He is, for me, a symbol of our God's love. He exudes a holy aura, something we all wish we can achieve. I remember Merrill in his essay about his visit to the Vatican...

"I saw the Pope from the square, he was talking to the people and even though I never understood what he said, his presence made me feel at home."

or something to that effect. How I wish, I could see him too and feel that same aura.
I'll continue to pray for our dear Pope and remember him in all my days.

No comments: