Thursday, February 24, 2005

At ikaw Jamie, Kumusta ka?

Making a self-portait of yourself (basically out of clay) was really hard, given that I realized how little I knew about myself and how scared I am to see the real me. It was an unnerving task, actually staring at the clay pretending to be the molder of my self image. What am I? or more importantly, who am I? A perennial question that has haunted all of us from who knows when. How do you see yourself? There are only three options, either you're so full of yourself that you would actually make your clay mold pretty because you know and feel like that, or would tend to use a symbol to personify the shy and timid self. the inaggressive and inassertive. and of course there are others would simply leave the clay like that (a box of resilient matter) giving the meaning that they are as moldable (if there's such a word) and flexible as the clay. The come what may people, truly versatile in extreme occasions. i could not really pinpoint which of the three, I belong. I'd like to think that I'm as strong as I imagine myself to be. Solid, rigid and with a determined mind. However, there are times when I crash and collapse, especially when it comes to the matters of the heart (which I will not furthur discuss). And I fail to escape the wrath of strong emotions. So what do you do when you're beyond the clay? When you have no concrete concept of yourself and is uncapable of making self-image? Do what I did, make clay vegetables like carrots and eggplants. =)


--->I see myself as a roll of tissue paper, softy but also a toughie.

No comments: